The Minister of Immigration and Border Protection has announced the new Skilled Occupation List (SOL) which will come into effect 1 July 2016.
The good news is that Accountants, IT and most of the Engineering occupations remain on the new SOL list.
There have been no changes to the Consolidated Sponsored Occupations List (CSOL) which applies to employer and state sponsored visas.
Occupations Removed from the SOL
There are 9 occupations removed from the Skilled Occupation List, they are as follows:
Occupations Added to the SOL
- Mining Engineers ANZSCO 233611
- Petroleum Engineers ANZSCO 233612
- Metallurgist ANZSCO 234912
- Environmental Health Officer ANZSCO 251311
- Occupational Health and Safety Adviser ANZSCO 251312
- Dental Hygienist ANZSCO 411211
- Dental Prosthetist ANZSCO 411212
- Dental Technician ANZSCO 411213
- Dental Therapist ANZSCO 411214
The following occupation have been added to the Skilled Occupation list:
Effect of Changes
- Orthotists and Prosthetists ANZSCO 251912
- Audiologists ANZSCO 252711
The new SOL will commence on or after 1 July 2016, it is applicable to the following visa subclasses:
- Skilled Independent Subclass 189 Visa
- Skilled Regional (Provisional) Subclass 489 visa - Family Sponsored only
- Graduate Temporary Subclass 485 Visa - Graduate Work Stream only