Following the immigration changes announced by the Australian Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP), a three year validity period will be applied for skills assessments issued by assessing authorities for the purpose of visa applications from July 1, 2014.
Most skills assessment did not have validity periods in the past.
The DIBP officer expressed the default three year validity period is to match with the existing three year validity period for English Language tests.
Accordingly, a skills assessment planning to apply for an Australian Visa must be valid at the time of visa lodgement from the 1st of July for the following visas:
· Direct Entry stream of the Employer Nominated Scheme (subclass 186) visa;
· Direct Entry stream of the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (subclass 187) visa; and
· Graduate Work stream of the Temporary Graduate (subclass 485) visa.
In addition, a skills assessment must be valid at the time of invitation to apply through Skill Select for the following visas:
· Skilled-Independent (subclass 189) visa;
· Skilled-Nominated (subclass 190) visa; and
· Skilled Regional (Provisional) (subclass 489) visa.
If you are interested in Australian visas, contact 2oceania for information and advice on which visa is best suited to you.